Sunday, May 5, 2013

May 5, 2013 - Move In Day







































A Black-capped Chickadee pokes their head out of a decorative birdhouse.  Apparently, it is nesting season for this bird that can be found from coast-to-coast in North America.  The birdhouse was a craft project painted by one of my daughters several years ago.  We had no idea that any birds would some day make a home of it, but they are apparently moving in this weekend.  Apparently the purpose-built, much larger, more expensive birdhouse eight feet away didn't meet their needs.    This birdhouse hangs above the door that once was a playhouse and now serves as a shed in our backyard.  I think I'll try to limit my trips out there for the next month - the length of time for incubation and leaving the nest.  (Any excuse to not do yard work!)  I wonder what our two cats will think of their new neighbors?



No comments:

Post a Comment