Saturday, March 1, 2014

March 1, 2014 - Sign to Go






































This restaurant in a Seattle suburb closed last fall.  Apparently the owners retired after 35 years in business.  I was surprised that the restaurant remained a viable concern as long as it did. The old sign and dilapidated building certainly didn't convey any sense of tasty food prepared in a clean kitchen.  I could never bring myself to patronize such a run down looking establishment.  One might look at the sign and find the pre-prefix phone number, the rustic style and the slant-eyed caricature wielding chopsticks as quaint.  Not I.  I've always been bothered by the caricature.  The building is being torn down to make way for something else.  The sign couldn't come down soon enough for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment